Prague Private Tours
I specialise in small group walking tours of Prague but often for various reasons i.e. privacy, walking speed, route requirement etc my clients wish to engage me privately. I am English and people appreciate being able to ask questions and have them answered in Native English. You can book privately in the following way:
I have scheduled slots running between Monday and Saturday and you can read about the bespoke tour offer on the Walking Tours page. These slots are 3 hours in duration and as Private tours you have the option of a 3 hour slot or a consecutive 6 hour slot. The date and time duration has to be agreed with me in advance and I’ll send you a direct secure booking link to purchase a Prague Private Tour ticket.
3 hour Prague Private Tours are favoured by people who like the scheduled tour offer but want to be the only ones on it.
6 hour Prague Private Tours are favoured by people who want a more tailored walk through the city with breaks for food and drink (additional cost). I’ll agree an itinerary with you.
What do I cover?
The content is based on the route and the walking pace. I’m an Old Town person at heart so I have a lot of fun showing people around the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter but for people who want more of an overview of the city I cover the New Town, the Castle area and the Lesser Town as well and as much as I can I’ll have you off the beaten path. These are informative tour mixed in with some lighthearted history and personal anecdotes so here’s just a taste of what you’ll see and learn about.
- The Old Town Square – all the major buildings including the Church of Our Lady Before Tyn, St Nicholas, Kinsky Palace, the Old Town Hall, Jan Hus Statue.
- Franz Kafka, family history and legacy
- Jewish Quarter including Pinkas Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery, Ceremonial Hall, Klausen Synagogue, Old/New Synagogue, Spanish Synagogue plus the history of the Ghetto, historic pictures and stories.
- The eclectic Architecture of the Old Town and why it looks like it does
- Stories of the 2002 Flood
- St Agnes Convent
- Alleyways, lanes and hidden courtyards.
- The Karolinum
- The Estates theatre, who built it and what happened next
- Understanding building facades and characters
- The Velvet Revolution
- Jan Hus, the Bethlehem Chapel and messages from Heaven
- The Klementinum
- The New Town Hall and what used to be there
- Little Square
- and many more stories, legends and anecdotes from 20 years of living here
Don’t take my word for it!! Feel free to browse the many reviews of the tours by previous clients and it’s clear to see that I offer something quite special.