Prague World War Two
Lets spend a couple of hours on a chronological tour through World War Two as it affected Prague. Remember that the war here was NOT defined by extensive aerial bombing or large ground battles. It’s a story of characters, some good and some bad, that combine into a story line stretching from the 13th Century all the way to 1947.
What You’ll Learn About
- The Sudetenland, its purpose and how it was used by Hitler
- Pre WW2 Politics in both Czech and Germany
- Karl Herman Frank and his impact
- Nicholas Winton and his efforts to save Czech children
- The SS structure leading up to 1939 and Prague Gestapo Headquarters
- The German Invasion
- Reinhard Heydrich, the Butcher of Prague
- The end of the Czech resistance
- Stumble Stones
- The life of a Jewish person 1938-1942
- Frontline and Occupation maps
- Prague Uprising Memorials
- Then and Now photos
The tour is TWO HOURS. We’ll cover lots of peripheral WW2 history but only as it affects Prague. You’ll have the opportunity to ask whatever questions you want and I’ll do my best to answer them.
You can check availability and book tickets below via the booking form, select your date/time first, then number of tickets (Regular is CZK395 or Over 70 is CZK350). If all is ok you’ll then “Proceed to Pay” which takes you to the secure payment gateway. After any successful booking you’ll receive a confirmation email (please check this carefully as it confirms the date/time of the tour and has the necessary meeting point details). Plus there’ll be a reminder sent 48 hours before the tour. If you need to ask questions or you need a different date/time then CONTACT ME and I’ll see if I can move things around.