Prague Travel Checklist
Some of the stuff on this list is so obvious that you’ll think you’ll never forget it. But enough people have forgot that I wrote a page that you can more or less use as a tick sheet for the most essential items.
The Prague Travel Checklist – General info
- Visa collected (if required) before travelling.
- Flight/Train Tickets or reservation numbers.
- Frequent Flyer card.
- Travel Insurance (if required).
- Passports have at least 6 months validity left on them i.e. if you arrive January 1st, the passport must not expire before July 1st.
- Children aged 15 years or more must have their own passport.
- Private healthcare details and cover.
- Sheet of paper containing hotel address and duration of stay plus home address and placed in each piece of luggage.
- Mark each piece of luggage that it can be clearly identified as yours. Personally I put medium sized coloured cord on the handle as it cannot be mistaken as can a side sticker for example.
- Description of your suitcase in the event it is lost. Include size, colour, make and/or identifying marks. You can even take pictures to be sure.
- Memory cards/sticks.
- Contact the hotel and confirm your reservation.
Prague Travel Checklist – Copying Documentation, make a photocopy or scan of the following:
- Passports (including relevant visa pages).
- ID cards.
- Driving Licence.
- Flight tickets/insurance.
- Printed Hotel/transfer reservations and details (not just a booking number).
- Address/telephone of hotel.
Prague Travel Checklist – Money
- Bank Telephone numbers (for unblocking credit cards).
- Lost credit card telephone numbers.
- Cash in the required denominations
- Travellers Cheques.
- Debit Cards (Licenced by bank and may require permission).
- Credit cards (still valid during your stay).
Prague Travel Checklist – Medication
- For EU citizens, bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Apply at any post office. It’s free.
- Non-EU visitors with private health insurance should confirm their cover.
- The dispensing chemist/drugstore at the airport is in Terminal 2 (upstairs).
- Bring enough special medication for TWICE the estimated stay.
- Make a note of specialist medical centres that you may need.
- If you need to replace medication here, take the bottle and/or packaging with you to the chemist/drugstore.
- Food packaging here does not always show full product ingredients.
- First-aid kit.
Prague Travel Checklist – Power/Telephone
- Remember that power plugs in CZ do not have a fuse like in the UK. If you bring something that is hard-wired i.e. not a separate power cord, then bring spare fuses.
- Adaptors (do not leave adaptors plugged in for long periods i.e. more than 24 hours).
- Power transformer for US visitors (110V to 230V etc).
- New batteries in battery operated appliances.
- GSM/GPRS/3G/4G Mobile phone roaming information.
- Calling card etc plus access number.
- Spare camera batteries.
- Phone/camera chargers.
Prague Travel Checklist – Other
- Personal smoke alarm.
- Multi-tool packed in “Hold Luggage”.
- Single use, panoramic camera.
Prague Travel Checklist – Some reminders for Children
- Unbelievably important pen, pencil, book, toy, picture card, portable game etc etc.
- Single use camera (remember them?).
- Addresses of friends (if you still send postcards….).
- Favourite sweets.