A Unique Old Town and Jewish Quarter Prague Walking Tour
Yes, this is the original Old Town and Jewish Quarter Walking Tour delivered in Native English by me, a British Prague resident living here since 1996. Buy tickets for a scheduled small group tour which has NEVER more than 6 on a group (unless it’s a private tour) or book it privately. Two and a half hours of interesting history about many of Prague’s popular attractions, off the beaten path exploring hidden parts of the centre, fun stories, light-hearted most of the time but serious when it needs to be and overall a unique view of the city for all ages.
Don’t take my word for it. Read the many Excellent Tour Reviews on Trip Advisor. Or if you want even more detail about this tour then read on.
If you’re happy to book places then just click on the “Get Your Tickets Here” banner and in a couple of seconds you’ll have a calendar displayed. Select a date/time that’s good for you and buy the tickets that you need (prices start at 16 Euros for single tickets) and there are discounts available.
Like the tour but need it on a different day/time? or do you want to make a scheduled tour private? If you have any questions or requests then feel free to CONTACT ME and I’ll see what I can do to fit in with your schedule.
What is covered in the Old Town and Jewish Quarter Prague Walking Tour?
- The Old Town Square, the surrounding architecture including the Old Town Hall, Church of Our Lady Before Tyn, Church of ST Nicholas, Kinsky Palace and hear about the changes over the years and events that have happened here.
- Let’s get Off The Beaten Path and explore many passages, alleyways and courtyards.
- Understand the events that triggered the Velvet Revolution.
- Franz Kafka, a literary giant now but not always. Learn about his short but fascinating history and his unintended legacy.
- The Jewish Quarter, what still exists like the Pinkas Synagogue, Klausen Synagogue, Ceremonial Hall, Old New Synagogue, Spanish Synagogue, Jewish Town Hall. See what it used to be like and the stories of triumph and sacrifice.
- The Old Jewish Cemetery, see inside and learn the real reason why it closed.
- Czech and Bohemian heroes like Jan Palach, where and why they fell.
- Jan Hus, a priest burned at the stake but not a Saint, learn why not.
- The meanings of the street names and why they’ve changed several times.
- Enjoy the Cubist, Art Deco and Art Nouveau architecture of the area and learn why it’s so widespread in the city.
- Learn about the Gory Details of Revolution, the winner takes it all.
- Plus a selection of Stories, Legends and Personal Anecdotes from over the years.
Or if you’d prefer a wider look around then try the City Overview Walking Tour which includes the Old Town, Jewish Quarter, New Town and Lesser Town.
As one of my previous clients put it:
“Brilliant way to see Prague, Little did I know it was going to be the best city walking tour I’ve had the privilege to experience. To get the history, tidbits of interest and that in someone who loves what they do is priceless.” .